Well I already have both a Myspace and a Facebook, and I like them both. If I had to choose though, I would choose Facebook, it's less "flash" more fact. Both of them serve as awesome social networks however, I think the reason for that is, well, people like to gossip and talk. These websites just make it that much easier.
I looked at the library's page Facebook and both of it's pages on Myspace. I honestly think that just having those profiles is most of what it can do to promote itself. Other than that, all I can think of is advertising their Myspace/Facebook web pages more. People are, in my experience, more likely to visit a web page for information than they are to call or visit in person.
My two favorite parts of the MMSCL myspace pages were the "shelfari" on the general page, and the calendar on the teen page. The Shelfari works great to promote new books to the general adult public, and the calendar clearly lays out anything upcomming for teens to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment